2017 – Present
Deputy Chief, 5th Generation Fighter Integration Division, Headquarters, United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
Leading development of cooperative arrangements in Europe to deliver 5th Generation Fighter capabilities to military commanders. Lines of effort include ensuring proper security of programs, setting conditions for optimized training in an international environment, validating logistics delivery capabilities, and facilitating the development of innovative tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Creation of Chartered European F-35 User’s Group to coordinate efforts, share lessons learned, and pave path forward to operational integration.
- Delivery of division strategic plan to formalize approach, set a plan of action with major milestones, and provide senior leaders with defined measures of effectiveness for the program.
- Led development of combined US-UK bilateral working group to coordinate operations and training for future aircraft integration.
- Prepared Commander, USAFE, for top level engagements with Air Chiefs of 9 NATO nations to review air combat interoperability and define priorities for improving processes.
- Created online portal for community of interest to capture lessons learned, share resources, and collaborate on opportunities for combined air combat training.
Chief, Close Air Support Branch, Headquarters, United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
Lead the USAFE operations directorate’s efforts to integrate the air component in the Joint Fires arena by organizing, training, and equipping commands Tactical Air Control Party Teams. These teams form the USAF direct link to ground forces to provide coordination for close air support both in planning at headquarters level and on the battlefield.
2014 – 2016
Civilian Program Analyst, 505th Test Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
As a civilian employee of the Department of Defense, acts as the Master Air Attack Planner and Combat Plans Division Chief for the Nellis Combined Air Operations Center. Provides advice, administrative direction, training and supervision of personnel responsible for operational level planning, scenario development, and execution of tactical and operational levels of warfare. Plans, coordinates, designs, implements and validates major components of the advanced AOC training program focusing on operational level planning.
2012 – 2014
Commander, 314th Operations Group, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas
- Commandant of the Department of Defense C-130 Formal Training Unit, training U.S. and international aircrew members on both C-130H and C-130J aircraft.
- Trained, developed, and mentored an elite team of professionals to instill core knowledge in worldwide air mobility operations for more than 1,500 new C-130 operators annually.
2010 – 2012
Senior Integration Group Coordinator, Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization, Washington, DC
- Managed $3.1 billion dollar portfolio of enablers to support combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Ensured synchronization and cooperation of Department of Defense components to speed acquisition, testing, delivery, and fielding of more than 160 innovative capabilities to combat IEDs, enhance situational awareness, and optimize protection for individual Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen.
- Led US delegation to NATO cooperative meetings on counter-IED information and training techniques.
2008 – 2010
Chief, Strategy Division, 607th Air and Space Operations Center, 7th Air Force, Osan Air Base, Korea
- Led five teams, including Information Operations, Operational Assessment, and Future Plans to communicate commander’s guidance for airpower employment in the Korean area of responsibility.
- Developed courses of actions for US decision makers following North Korean provocations, including the sinking of the South Korean ship, Cheonan. Actions ensured measured response and positive outcome.
Air Force Fellows Program, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California
- Served as one of eight Air Force officers to serve as liaisons with RAND, a noted federally funded research and development organization.
- Analyzed short to medium range airlift options to cope with aging fleet of C-130 aircraft; options considered to optimize resources while maximizing capabilities during ongoing combat operations.
2005 – 2007
Commander, 39th Airlift Squadron, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
- Provided leadership and guidance for 200+ person tactical airlift squadron utilizing the C-130 aircraft. Formulated goals and plans, established policy and procedure, and led actions to ensure readiness.
- Deployed three times in command of combined combat unit, integrating Active Duty, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserve personnel. Developed a cohesive team to sustain front line forces.
2003 – 2005
Operations Officer, 41st Airlift Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina
- Successfully trained, organized, and deployed unit three times; unit’s crews flew 10,000+ mishap free combat hours, and delivered 33,000+ passengers and 6,826 tons of cargo to remote desert locations.
2002 – 2003
Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- Studied advanced critical thinking techniques related to operational issues in an international environment.
- Led team that brought aviation legends Chuck Yeager, Scott Crossfield, Dick Rutan, and Eileen Collins to the College’s capstone event, the “Gathering of Eagles.”
2001 – 2002
Deputy Chief, Commander’s Action Group, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
- Provided direct support to the commander of the Pacific Air Forces for engagement preparation, coordination of higher headquarters tasks, and intra-staff communications.
- Launched innovative, on-line staff guide that became the command standard, cut training time and improved productivity.
1999 – 2001
Chief, Airlift Inspections, Inspector General, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
- Led first-ever combined inspection of two Air Force wings in Alaska, guaranteeing quality of training, standardization of operating practices, and adherence to safety policies and guidance.
- Earned two-time recognition as the Command’s outstanding IG Team member.
1996 – 1999
Deputy Chief, Operations Group Standardization and Evaluation, 374th Operations Group, 36th Airlift Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
- Top evaluator for unit’s C-130 pilots; lead planner for multiple command level exercises and inspections.